Greetings Florida FTC Teams, Volunteers, and Sponsors:
Welcome to the first Florida FTC newsletter for the 2016-17 season. I am excited to announce that we will again have two FTC seasons kick-of events in Florida (see below for more details) and Florida has again been award a Rockwell Collins grant. To ensure you do not miss out on any of the Florida FTC communications and great opportunities this season, please make sure you register your team as soon as possible.
The following are the topics contained with this Florida FTC email blast:
1. Season Kick-off Events
2. Team Registration
3. Florida Rockwell Collins Grants
- Season Kick-off Events – Attending a FTC Kick-off event is a great opportunity for coaches, mentors, and team members to learn more about FTC and the plans for the upcoming season. It is also a great chance to meet other teams in your area. Please register for the events on the www.flfirst.org website. The following are the details about the location and time for the two Florida FTC Kick-off Events:
- Event Name: Central Florida FTC Kick-off
- Date/Time: September 10, 2016 / 10am to 1pm
- Event Venue: Middleton High School Auditorium
- Venue address: 4801 N 22nd Street, Tampa, FL 33610
- Event Name: FAU TechRunway FTC Kickoff
- Date/Time: September 10, 2016 / 11am to 2pm
- Event Venue: FAU TechRunway
- Venue address: 901 NW 35th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33431
2.Team Registration – The team registration process and website have changed. We will no longer be using the Team Information Management System (TIMS) to register teams, coaches, and students. Team registration can now be done directly from the www.usfirst.org website. Use the login button in the upper right-hand corner of the web page to use your account name and password from last season. I encourage teams to register as soon as possible as it will help us finalize league assignments and is also required to be eligible to receive a Florida Rockwell Collins grant.
3.Florida Rockwell Collins Grants – I am pleased to announce that Florida has again received a grant from Rockwell Collins that will be distributed to eligible teams in October, 2016. I will be sending out an email with the details about the grant application process in the middle of September. However, I will only send that email to teams that have completed their FIRST team registration process.
Hans K. Wolf
Tampa Bay Robotics Foundation, Inc.