Greetings Florida FTC Teams, Volunteers, and Sponsors (Please distribute this email to your team members, parents, and mentors):
I am expecting to have at least 7 leagues in Florida this season and potentially as high as 9. However, we still have not finalized all of the league assignments due to the fact that we currently only have 120 FTC teams in Florida that have completed and paid the FIRST registration. I encourage all coaches that plan on having a team this season to complete your team registration process as soon as possible. Without knowing the specific team count, it is also difficult for our leagues to finalize the league budget/fee and how many events will be needed.
The following are the topics contained in this Florida FTC newsletter:
1. League Events
2. Volunteers Training Schedule
3. Game Field Setup Guide Changes Released (Repeat FIRST email)
1. League Events – Some of the Florida leagues have published their league events on the www.flfirst.org website and registration for these events is now open. You can register for an event by going to the following web page: http://ftc.flfirst.org/index.php/season/event-registration To complete the registration process you will need to use the Passcode that was email to you by the www.flfirst.org event registration system.
2. Volunteers Training Schedule – An important step in preparing the leagues for the VELOCITY VORTEXSM season is to build a team of volunteers for each league. The following are league volunteer training dates that have been scheduled:
- October 1, 2016 – Northeast Florida League referee and FTA/inspection training (9am-noon) the Fleming Island High School Learning Center.
- October 8, 2016 – Judge Training will be conducted at ROBOTICON (USF Sun Dome) 9am to 10:30am.
- October 8, 2106 – Tesla League referee and FTA/inspection training at University High School 8am-2pm
- October 15, 2016 – Palm Beach and South Florida leagues referee and FTA/inspection training at the FAU Tech Runway 9am-noon
3. Game Field Setup Guide Changes Released (Repeat FIRST email) – Critical changes have been made to the field set-up guide:
- Field Setup Guide (critical update) – Tape instructions have been changed for the Center Vortex base plate. The original guide instructions showed the blue and red tape that outlines the base being placed half on the base and half on the tiles. With this critical update, the blue and red tape should be placed entirely on the edges of the base. This will not only allow for an easier setup from event to event, but will help partners conserve gaffers tape. Please see step 7-1 in the Field Setup Guide for these updated instructions.
- Field Assembly Guide – A new paint code has been added to assist those who cannot have the “Mouse Ears” paint mixed at their local Home Depot. The additional color is Behr “Blackout”, paint code number N510-7, semi-gloss (base 3300).
- Game Manual Part 2 – An image was updated in section 1.3, Figure 1.3-1 to reflect accurate measurements of the Center Vortex height.