Greetings Florida FTC Teams, Volunteers, and Sponsors (Please distribute this email to your team members, parents, and mentors):
Now that we have learned about VELOCITY VORTEX, it is now time to start planning for events and helping volunteer. This FTC newsletter has a number of topics that will help you prepare for the 2016-17 season.
The following are the topics contained in this Florida FTC newsletter:
1. League Events
2. Volunteers Needed
3. Judge Volunteer Training at ROBOTICON
4. AndyMark Beacon Circuit Board Back Order
5. ASCE Civil Engineering Mentors
1. League Events – The league volunteer teams are very busy identifying event locations and dates. Many of our Florida FTC leagues will have practice events in October with the first league meets starting in early November. The League Volunteer teams will be sending you email notifications once the league event scheduled get finalized. All league event schedules are also published on the www.flfirst.org website and you must registered to attend league events on this website. In encourage all teams to regular visit the following webpage to ensure you are aware of events in your area: http://ftc.flfirst.org/index.php/season/events
2. Volunteers Needed – The next step once the league events schedules and locations are finalized, is to start building the team of volunteers to help manage and run the event. All Florida events will be loaded into the FIRST Volunteer Management Information System (VIMS). All Florida Volunteers must register to volunteer for an event using the FIRST VIMS platform. I encourage all Florida Volunteers to login to VIMS as soon as possible to complete the consent and background check process. The FIRST VIMS platform can be found at the following URL: https://my.firstinspires.org/FIRSTPortal/Login/VIMS_Login.aspx
4. AndyMark Beacon Circuit Board Back Order-- Beacon circuit boards for the VELOCITY VORTEXSM game will be on back order effective 9/14/2016 until the end of September. For the next 3 weeks, Teams who place orders for half field or full field sets will quickly receive all of the field hardware, except for the beacon circuit board. When the beacon circuit boards arrive, they will be shipped out to customers separately.
-- Team Number & Name
-- City & County
-- Mentor’s Name & Email Address
-- Coach’s Name & Email AddressThere are some ASCE resources available to your ASCE mentor and there is also potential funding opportunities for your team.