One-Day Competition on Saturday, February 25, 2017.
Optional Setup, Judging, Robot Inspection, and Practice on Friday, February 24, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
[TBD] Streaming Info
Western High School 1200 SW 136th Avenue, Davie, Florida 33325Location:
Capacity: 28 Teams
Title Sponsor: Rockwell Collins
Tampa Bay Robotics Foundation, Inc.
Tournament Host: Western High School / South Florida FTC League
Competition Registration Fee is $150.
Team Participation is by invitation only based on their performance in the Florida League play system.
FIRST Volunteer Information Matching System (VIMS) located here:my.usfirst.org/FIRSTPortal/Login/VIMS_Login.aspx Volunteers may register for the Florida Championship starting December 1, 2016. Volunteers will receive their assignment confirmations in late-December, 2016 through late-January, 2017.Volunteers submit their role request through the
Hotel Group Rate:
- La Quinta Inns and Suites
- 8101 Peters Road Plantation, FL 33324
- TEL: 954-476-6047, 7 miles East of Western High
- Room Price: $159 per room with breakfast (40 double-beds rooms)
- Staybridge Suites Fort Lauderdale-Plantation
- 410 N. Pine Island Road Plantation, Florida 33324
- TEL: 954-577-9696
- Group Code: WHR - Must reserve by Feb 10
- Room Price: $160 per room
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (Jakie Suer, General Manager)
- 14651 NW 20th Street, Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
- TEL: 954-430-9404, 7 Miles South of Western High
- Room Price: $169 per room with breakfast
- Courtyard Marriott Ft. Lauderdale, Weston
- 2000 North Commerce Parkway, Weston, FL 33326
- TEL: 954-343-2225, 3 miles from Western High
- Room Price: $165 per room without breakfast (30 double-bed rooms)
- Comfort Suites Weston (Michelle Yopp, Director of Sales)
- 2201 North Commerce Parkway, Weston, FL 33326
- TEL: 954-659-1555, 3 Miles West of Western High
Tournament Schedule for Saturday, February 25, 2017.
6:30 a.m. Volunteers arrive
7:00 a.m. Team check-in begins and Pit opens
7:20 a.m. Team Judging Presentations begin
7:45 a.m. Robot Hardware and Software Inspection begin
9:20 a.m. Hardware and Software Inspection Ends
9:30 a.m. Drive Team Meeting at Competition
10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony
10:30 a.m. Qualification Matches start
12:00 p.m. Lunch break for teams and volunteers
1:00 p.m. Qualification Matches resume
3:00 p.m. Qualification Matches end
3:15 p.m. Alliance Selection for Elimination Matches
4:00 p.m. Elimination Matches begin
5:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
6:00 p.m. Tournament Ends
FIRST safety rules. Safety glasses and closed toed shoes are not required to watch robot matches from the viewing area in the arena.There is no spectator admission fee for the FTC Florida Championship and it is open to the public. Spectators that want to see the robots up-close in the pit area should bring their own safety glasses and wear closed toed shoes as they are both required in the pit area to comply with